The purpose of this course is to define intestinal parasites, helminths (worms), which includes roundworms, tapeworms, and flukes, and explain the modes of transmission, outline the course of infection, classify types of parasites, and discuss treatment and disorders associated with them.
Course Publication Date: March 07, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify the 2 main types of intestinal parasites.
- List 3 main types of helminths.
- Explain the primary modes of transmission for helminths.
- Describe the main characteristics of at least 3 parasites of the nematodes.
- Describe the main characteristics of at least 2 parasites of the cestodes.
- Describe the main characteristics of at least 2 parasites of the trematodes.
- Identify common measures to treat and prevent infection with intestinal parasites.