The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the importance of blood glucose monitoring for patients with diabetes.
Course Publication Date: March 26, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
- Discuss how factors such as illness and stress affect blood sugar.
- Describe the most common user error related to SMBG.
- Identify 3 critical uses of SMBG data by persons with diabetes.
- State recommended pre-prandial and postprandial blood glucose ranges.
- Name two factors that affect the accuracy of self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) results.
- Discuss how diet and exercise affect blood sugar levels.