The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the management of the young patient with type 1 diabetes.
Course Publication Date: March 26, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
- Discuss the 5-year study called SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth.
- Explain how diabetes self-management training (DSMT) in children and adolescents with diabetes and their parents is different from that of adults.
- Discuss the concepts of medical nutrition therapy for children and adolescents.
- Discuss the parental burden of managing a child’s diabetes and the benefit of social networks and support.
- Describe the acute and chronic complications of type 1 diabetes in childhood.
- Identify age-appropriate educational materials and considerations for each group.