The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the management of the young patient with type 2 diabetes.
Course Publication Date: March 26, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
- Identify the unique characteristics of type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents.
- Describe insulin resistance, including associated clinical findings.
- State goals of diabetes self-management training for youth with type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss intervention strategies for physical activity in youth with type 2 diabetes and their families.
- State the diagnostic criteria for type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents.
- Identify screening criteria for type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents.