The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the principles of teaching and learning about diabetes.
Course Publication Date: March 27, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List two areas to consider when assessing an individual’s needs and readiness to learn.
- Describe two characteristics of adult learners.
- Discuss two teaching and learning strategies used in diabetes self-management education.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the compliance and empowerment approaches to self-management education.
- Explain the rationale for employing a multidisciplinary team in diabetes education.