The goal of this course is to increase understanding of the most recent changes in the abuse of alcohol and drugs. This will include newer patterns of drug and alcohol use, symptoms, intervention and treatment.
Course Publication Date: March 29, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Joan Schonbeck RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Understand the most recent definitions of Substance Abuse, including the DSM-V criteria.
- Recognize trends of Substance abuse.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Differentiate between normal behaviors and those indicating an Alcohol or Drug Abuse problem.
- Identify people at risk for developing Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse
- Be aware of interventions and treatment modes for Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse