The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about forensic evidence collection for the ER.
Course Publication Date: April 14, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Career and Self
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss the terms “victim” and “survivor” regarding the sexual assault journey through healing.
- Describe possible problems of the medical-legal response to sexual assault victims in hospital ER departments.
- Discuss the function of the SANE program operation.
- List three necessary steps during the course of the evidentiary exam.
- Describe the process for developing a sexual assault response team (SART).
- List three procedures for properly collecting physical evidence after a sexual assault.
- Discuss the topics of information which would accompany a completed sexual assault kit to the laboratory.
- State the meanings of SART and SANE.