The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the basics of nutrition and fitness and help educate their patients regarding these issues.
Course Publication Date: April 14, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
Oregon AFH / AMH / APD / DD
- Describe the Food Guide Pyramid and the major food groups.
- Describe how to use the Nutrition Facts label.
- Name four fat-soluble and four water-soluble vitamins needed by the body and food sources for each.
- List food choices that help reduce the risk for chronic diseases, such as heart disease, certain cancers, diabetes, stroke, and osteoporosis.
- Name three nutrients that are essential because the body cannot make them and must obtain them from food.
- Discuss food components that have specific functions in the body.
- List Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) that represent the amounts of nutrients that are adequate to meet the needs of most healthy people.