The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about lipid-lowering medicines.
Course Publication Date: April 15, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
- Discuss how nurses can monitor patients for possible adverse drug events and/or the efficacy of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Name four of the major types of commonly prescribed cardiovascular medications.
- Name two new experimental drugs for lowering lipids in 2013 and 2014.
- Describe teaching for a patient taking HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- State two HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Describe common drug interactions with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.