The goal of this course is to increase the Professional Registered Nurse’s knowledge of wrong site surgery, the risk factors associated with the occurrence of wrong site surgery, and interventions the professional nurse can implement to prevent the incidence of wrong site surgery from occurring.
Course Publication Date: April 18, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Define wrong site surgery.
- Identify at least 5 risk factors that can contribute to the incidence of wrong site surgery.
- List at least 5 interventions that the surgeon can implement to prevent the occurrence of wrong site surgery.
- List at least 3 interventions that our facilities and perioperative nurses can do to assist the management of wrong site surgery incidents.
- List at least 5 interventions that patients can implement to prevent the event of wrong site surgery.