The goal of this article is to enhance an understanding of pain, describe current therapy modalities, and discuss influential factors that affect the pain experience and in particular, of dying patients.
Course Publication Date: April 20, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Elbina Rafizadeh RN, BSN, MSM
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Differentiate between types of pain.
- Describe treatment modalities.
- Describe extraneous factors that influence the pain experience.
- Describe three types of adjuvant therapy.
- Describe how to assist in the alleviation of pain of terminally ill patients.
- Describe the significance of mind, body, and spirit for the alleviation of pain.