The goal of this course is to define and identify intestinal protozoan parasites, and to explain the distribution, characteristics, infection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention methods.
Course Publication Date: May 09, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify the 2 main types of intestinal parasites.
- Explain the characteristics of protozoa.
- List 5 groups of protozoa.
- Describe the main characteristics of Giardia.
- Describe the main characteristics of Entamoeba histolytica.
- Describe the main characteristics of Balantidium coli.
- Describe the main characteristics of at least two Sporozoa, including Cryptosporidium.
- Describe the main characteristics of microsporidia.
- Describe diagnostic measures for all organisms.
- Describe treatment options for all organisms.
- Describe common methods to prevent infection with protozoa.