The goal of this course is to provide the professional nurse with a better understanding of the procedure known as hysterectomy. Indications for performing a hysterectomy surgical procedure will also be included. Alternatives to hysterectomy will also be highlighted for discussion purposes.
Course Publication Date: May 09, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Medical & Surgical Issues
- Define hysterectomy and explain the four types of hysterectomy.
- Name at least four indications for hysterectomy.
- Explain the four surgical procedures for hysterectomy.
- List at least two advantages and disadvantages between the four different types of surgical hysterectomy procedures.
- Identify at least two considerations of preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care for a patient undergoing hysterectomy.
- Identify at least four complications from a hysterectomy surgical procedure.
- Discuss alternatives to a hysterectomy surgery procedure.