The purpose of this course is to define Turner syndrome and explain the chromosomal origins of the disorder, the typical physical and neuro-cognitive characteristics, the associated disorders, the complications, and the treatments.
Course Publication Date: July 11, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Describe the two forms of Turner syndrome (TS).
- Explain the two primary karyotypes that are related to TS.
- Describe at least 6 common physical findings associated with TS.
- Discuss development of symptoms by age.
- Discuss at least 6 types of disorders common to TS.
- List the 3 different types of kidney disorders.
- List the 3 most common cardiac complications.
- Discuss issues related to pregnancy.
- Discuss neuro-cognitive and psychosocial issues.
- Explain the primary treatments for Turner syndrome.