The purpose of this course is to define acute immune polyneuropathies, Guillain-Barré syndrome and its variants, and to explain the history, causative factors, symptoms, and treatments.
Course Publication Date: July 12, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe typical presentation of “classic” Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).
- Describe at least 5 different types of symptoms related to GBS.
- List and describe at least 4 different variants of GBS.
- Describe the normal structure of the neuron and degeneration cause by GBS.
- Provide a brief history of GBS.
- Differentiate between demyelinating and axonal degenerating variants.
- Discuss causative factors.
- Explain the two primary diagnostic procedures.
- Describe at least 3 additional diagnostic procedures that may be indicated.
- Describe the 2 most common medical treatments for GBS.
- Describe at least 4 supportive treatments.