The purpose of this course is to define blood, to provide a brief history of blood practices, to describe the current transfusion practices, explain blood typing, to describe the different components of blood and how they function in the body, to describe tests associated with these components, and to explain phagocytosis and blood clotting mechanisms.
Course Publication Date: July 12, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
- Upon completion of this course, one should be able to do the following:
- Define blood.
- Explain the origin of blood cells.
- List the components of blood.
- List 5 types of leukocytes.
- Explain the implications of hemoglobin and hematocrit results.
- Discuss the history of bloodletting and transfusions.
- List the two primary blood typing systems.
- Explain 4 types of autologous transfusions.
- Discuss the importance of plasma.
- Explain the 6 steps of phagocytosis.
- Explain the 2 step blood-clotting process.