The purpose of this course is to define the terms and explain the history, the motivation, the implications, and the procedures for gender/sex reassignment surgery (GRS) for both males to females (MTF) and females to males (FTM).
Course Publication Date: July 12, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Career and Self
Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Explain gender dysphoria.
- Discuss the history of gender reassignment surgery.
- Discriminate among the various terms related to sexual identity
- List at least 5 issues related to sex reassignment.
- Discuss the primary reasons for GRS.
- List the 6 primary steps to Standards of Care for GRS.
- Explain the use of hormones in GRS, identifying both reversible and irreversible changes.
- Describe the most common surgical procedures for both male-to-female (MTF) and female-to-male (FTM) sex reassignment.
- Describe methods used to approximate male or female appearance and/or function.
- Discuss post-surgical issues of both MTF and FTM.