The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about mesothelioma symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment and more.
Course Publication Date: August 04, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe how a diagnosis of mesothelioma is made.
- Discuss two staging systems for mesothelioma.
- Describe traditional treatments for malignant mesothelioma.
- Name three symptoms of pleural mesothelioma.
- Describe how exposure to asbestos can cause mesothelioma 30-50 years later.
- List three names for the mesothelium, depending on its location in the body
- Discuss who mesothelioma affects most often and how the incidence rates have increased in the past 20 years.
- List three symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma.