The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about some of the major medical problems faced by newborns in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
Course Publication Date: August 04, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Medical & Surgical Issues
- List four complications of asphyxia that could occur.
- Discuss how hydrocephalus occurs and five symptoms that may result.
- Describe two possible digestive disorders of high-risk newborns.
- State three types of congenital heart defects.
- Define cerebral palsy and state the incidence of occurrence.
- Discuss disorders that could happen to a newborn infant of a diabetic mother.
- Identify symptoms of intraventricular hemorrhage.