The purpose of this course is to explain the transmission, diagnosis, symptoms, stages, and treatment of Chagas disease and discuss the increase in cases of Chagas disease in the United States and steps taken to ensure that the blood supply is safe.
Course Publication Date: November 18, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe the international distribution of Chagas disease.
- Explain 5 methods of transmission for Chagas disease.
- Discuss how the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi spreads through the body.
- Explain diagnostic procedures.
- List and explain the 3 stages of Chagas disease.
- Discuss 3 symptoms related to cardiac manifestations of Chagas disease.
- Explain 2 primary gastrointestinal manifestations of Chagas disease.
- Explain symptoms of congenital Chagas disease.
- Discuss implications of co-infection with HIV/AIDS.
- List the 2 medications for Chagas disease and discuss treatment options.
- Discuss problems associated with Chagas infection of the blood and organ supply in the United States.
- Explain initiatives for controlling Chagas disease in Latin America.