The purpose of this course is to define adrenal insufficiency, both primary (Addison’s disease) and secondary, and to explain the diagnosis, the causes, the symptoms, the complications, and the treatments.
Course Publication Date: November 18, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify 2 types of adrenal insufficiency.
- Describe the primary causes of Addison’s disease.
- List 3 primary hormones that are produced by the adrenal glands.
- Describe at least 4 primary symptoms of Addison’s disease.
- Describe 4 different types of genetic disorders related to adrenal insufficiency.
- List 3 different types of medications used to treat Addison’s disease.
- Discuss general medical management.
- Describe acute adrenal insufficiency (crisis).
- Describe treatment for adrenal crisis.
- Discuss the affects of Addison’s disease on pregnancy.