The purpose of this course is to increase the understanding of the professional nurse as to how to communicate effectively with children in general. In some instances during this course, specifics and factors will be included. The factors presented will be the age of the child, the gender of the child, and the abilities of the child.
Course Publication Date: November 28, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- State general guidelines on how to communicate effectively with children.
- Discuss methods of communication techniques utilized when communicating with a specific population such as, developmentally challenged children other than autistic children.
- Identify some special needs pertaining to children with certain medical diagnoses such as, deaf or hearing challenged children.
- Name approaches used in communicating with blind or visually challenged children.
- Identify methods used to teach communication to autistic children.