The purpose of this course is to explain the types of injuries that occur with human bites, including medical and surgical treatment, preventive treatments, sexual and child abuse, and forensics.
Course Publication Date: June 08, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Explain the difference between occlusive bites and fight-bite injuries.
- List at least 6 complications that can result from human bites.
- List the 3 most common “fight-bite” injuries in humans.
- Discuss medical treatment of human bite injuries, including wound-cleansing techniques.
- Discuss surgical treatments for human bite injuries.
- List at least 3 diseases that can be transmitted through human bites.
- Discuss how human biting injuries relate to child abuse and sexual abuse.
- Explain the difference between primary closure and delayed closure.
- Discuss forensic guidelines.