The purpose of this course is to outline the trauma, infection, treatment, and preventive methods involved in bite and scratch injuries of cats, including cat scratch fever and complications.
Course Publication Date: June 10, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe 3 types of common cat-bite injuries.
- Discuss leading causes of infection with cat bites.
- Discuss wound care, antibiotics, and prophylaxis for cat bites.
- Discuss at least 6 manifestations of Pasteurella infection.
- Discuss 5 types of symptoms related to cat scratch disease (CSD).
- Discuss bacillary angiomatosis, including types of skin lesions.
- Discuss Parinaud’s oculoglandular syndrome.
- Discuss antibiotic therapy for CSD.
- Describe at least 4 methods of preventing cat bites/scratches/infections.