The purpose of this course is to define provisional and chronic tic disorders, describe the main types, and explain in detail the diagnosis, etiology, symptoms, and treatment of Tourette’s syndrome as well as describe disorders with similar tic-like behavior.
Course Publication Date: August 09, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Describe motor and vocal tics and provide at least 3 examples of each.
- Differentiate between simple and complex tics.
- Describe provisional tic disorder.
- Describe chronic tic disorder.
- Discuss the criteria for diagnosis of Tourette’s syndrome (TS).
- List at least 3 different symptoms of TS.
- List 2 major co-morbid conditions of TS.
- Describe at least 4 medical treatment options for TS.
- Describe different types of behavioral therapy used for TS.
- Describe educational issues related to TS.
- List at least 4 additional disorders that have tic behavior.